POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.] : Re: Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.] Server Time
13 Aug 2024 19:18:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lion (IRTC) WIP - 95% ready [2 attach.]
From: Slashdolt
Date: 7 Feb 2003 10:40:24
Message: <3e43d368$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure what you mean by "pre-publishing".  I'm new to this, but
everything I recall reading in the rules and in the FAQ don't mention it.

You cannot submit a scene which you created prior to the current
competition.  In other words, if you created a really cool steam engine
scene 3 months ago, you cannot submit it.  However, you could still use
objects from that scene.  Is that what you're referring to?  If so, it's
perfectly fine to show your final result in the newsgroup here, from my
understanding.

However, I'm reluctant to do that simply because everyone will get a chance
to pick it apart before the voting starts.  Some people may be influenced by
other people's comments.  Or maybe I just don't take criticism well.  I've
spent lots of time getting things to look the way I want, so if someone says
it shouldn't look a certain, I may be inclined to disagree.  Not that I'm a
jerk (I hope), but I don't want too many comments floating over my head when
I finally submit the image to the IRTC.  This way, I have only myself to
blame if people don't like it.  I can't say, "It would have been fine, if I
hadn't taken Bob's advice and changed the lighting..."  No offense to Bob.
;-)

--
Slash